Tuesday, June 11, 2013

God's Got His Own Clock

"...And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?" -Esther 5:14

I don't know about you guys, but I would definitely be terrified in Esther's position! Women in the Bible days waited on the calling of their husbands. She had little power even in her position. Yet, Mordecai is still telling her that she may have been placed in her position to save all the Jews. I can see myself now in her position. "You've got to be kidding me! No way am I going try and stop all of this! What can I even do?!" 

But, Esther had faith. Not only was it faith in God, but faith in His timing. No, He certainly doesn't call us to save a whole lot of people, but He does call us! He calls us to trust Him, to honor Him, and to praise Him! But, how do we trust, honor, and praise Him if we don't even have faith in His timing!

My whole life I have struggled with being single. I have been single all twenty years of my life. And, I have spent many days crying over boys that God hasn't "given" me, so to speak. I have spent a lot of time angry at people around me in relationships or people who were always so happy mostly because I felt so alone, even around my dearest family and friends. Being single is not easy. And, although I know I'm not alone because I have God, it is probably one of the hardest things I deal with. And, I try not to let loneliness get the best of me, but sometimes I just can't help it. Don't get me wrong I love my life, but I wouldn't mind adding a boyfriend to the equation.

But, my question is, "Am I lonely because I don't have a boyfriend? Or, am I lonely because I am not fully trusting in God's timing?" If it is God's will for me to have a boyfriend then I will have one when He is ready for me to have one. To truly live my life to honor God, I must have faith in His timing. And, this includes my plan to have a boyfriend and so much more. 

Last year, my grandmother passed away from cancer. Did I want this to happen? No way! I wanted her to be around to see my little cousins graduate high school, to see all of us graduate college, to meet her great-grandkids, to live to be at least 100. But, she didn't. And, yes, it's sad, but it was God's timing. My family has grown closer because of it. And, my sister's faith has changed drastically since it happened. And, we have all grown closer to God. What if it had happened a couple of years down the road? Would it have changed us the same way? Would it have made us better Christians? What if she would have died of old age? Would my sister have gained the incredible testimony and determination to be a better Christian? Maybe. But, with God's timing, these things were definite.

God has His own clock. And, typically, it is not set with our clocks. And, you have to learn that it's okay. What if Esther had been born a few years later than she was? What if the Jews had been threatened when Vashti was queen? Would the world be the same? 

So next time something doesn't match up with your plan, have faith in God's timing. Because in the end, His clock is the only one that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment